The premise of installing the fan is that we must have a radiator fan suitable for our model.
There are two types of fans: Single Electric Radiator Cooling Fans and Dual Electric Radiator Cooling Fans. A single fan should be enough for most drivers, but those with larger engines or more horsepower should consider dual fans.
Blade shapes come in curved and straight, curved blades don't move as much air but provide a quieter ride. Straight blades move more air but are louder.
The diameter of the fan is, even more, 6 inches,7 inches, 10 inches, 12 inches, 14 inches, 16 inches, and 20 inches. The shape and size of the radiators with electric fans of each model are different.
There are push fans and pull fans for installation, and the fan is located in front of the radiator, the pull fan is located directly behind the radiator. Pull fans have little impact on airflow, but take up a lot of space. Push fans are the opposite. Which fan you use depends on the amount of space you have.
It is relatively simple to install the electric cooling fan by yourself.
- Step 1: Open the hood of the car and remove the intake pipe above the cooling fan, so that the cooling fan can be removed smoothly.
- Step 2: The cooling fan and the air conditioning fan are located above the fan frame, with a total of four corners, one screw at each corner. Use a professional tool to unscrew the four screws. When the screws are all unscrewed, we can remove the cooling fan from the car.
- Step 3: Install the new cooling fan correctly on the new fan frame, and tighten and secure the four screws at the four corners.
- Step 4: Start the engine test and the fan can run normally. After checking the error, install the intake pipe to the correct position.
- Step 5: Tighten the fixing screws of the intake pipe, close the hood, and test to ensure that the new radiator fan is working properly and all operations are completed.
If you still don't understand follow the steps in the manual to directly connect the red wire of the relay to the cooling fan, and the black wire of the cooling fan to the ground. Please use the fan wire harness provided by us for both wires. It can reduce the contact problem due to the difference between the two wires. The advantage of choosing the relay and the sending unit is that you can choose the temperature at which the fan should start to work.
If it isn't convenient for you to install it, ask a professional to install it, you don't have to worry about the engine and coolant problems caused by the high temperature of the car.